Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching Up

For Christmas Andy gave me a precious gift that made me cry. He published my blog into a book -- all 300 + pages of it! It's such a fun account of our life over the past few years and it makes me sad that I haven't blogged more over the past year. My blogging absence wasn't exactly accidental. With my dad's illness and passing I just couldn't bring myself to blog about anything. I didn't feel like blogging about all that and I didn't feel like blogging about anything else. I still don't feel like blogging -- to much work and pressure. It's just easier to put my life out there one short, meaningless blurb at a time like I can on Facebook.

So...

The last time I blogged was just before Thanksgiving. We were blessed this year to have Andy off for almost an entire week so we drove 9 hours down to Atlanta to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, April, and her family. My mom also flew in to be with us and we all had such a great time. We actually spent most of the time at April's in-law"s house which is more like a huge country B&B. I LOVE visiting their house! The Lydas are so hospitable and Phyllis (April's M.I.L) cooks like a pro. Charlie had fun chasing their dog Dakota around. That poor dog was worn out by the end of the week!

We were able to spend the Christmas holiday with family as well. We flew to DFW and spent Christmas Eve, Christmas, and a few days after with Andy's family before the kids and I headed down to spend a week at my mom's where all my sisters and their kids had gathered. Christmas this year was so special but also bittersweet. I can't imagine our life without our unbelievably precious Sarah Jane, but at the same time I couldn't help wishing quite often that my dad was there to see her. Regardless of what we tell ourselves about passed on loved ones "being with us" or "looking down on us" I can't help but wish he was HERE to see and hold her. I just kept picturing him in his recliner laughing and laughing at all the kids' craziness. Dad loved his grandkids so much and it breaks my heart that he won't be around to see them grow up. I find myself getting jealous of other adults, especially older adults, who still have their parents. And now this post is depressing and I'm trying to finally finish it many weeks after I started. Oh well...how 'bout some cute pics?

Happy birthday, Charlie!

Sarah Jane @ 7 months

Sarah Jane @ 8 months
Sarah Jane @ 9 months

P.S. This post was actually published on 2/17 which is why it contains Charlie's bday pic & SJ's 8 & 9 month pics.

No comments: