I'm a few weeks late but I couldn't let Charlie's 5th birthday go by without some documentation. So, what's Charlie like at 5? Well, to be honest, all attitude! He's pretty fierce about everything right now. He loves hard, plays hard, and grumps hard. His hugs and kisses give me bruises, knocks SJ over, and often results in me saying "calm down!". Charlie loves being home but also loves playing with friends and is very social, as long as it's all his idea of course. No matter where we are he always talks to whatever kids are around and can't understand why random adults ignore his attempt at conversation.
Right now Charlie loves everything Toy Story and thinks if he were allowed to watch the Transformers movie his life would be complete. One of his favorite things to do is to figure out how old Sarah Jane will be when he's a certain age. He's doing basic addition and subtraction, can sound out most words, and is working on improving his reading, writing, coloring, etc. I recently stripped down my old laptop so that it just runs Internet Explorer for Charlie to get online and play games. He's getting really good at navigating the computer but has trouble limiting his screen time. That's probably our biggest battle right now. Even so, it's exciting to see him grow and change and get pumped about new things. We're starting to plan for our move back to Texas in June and that's high on Charlie's list of priorities. He thinks he's going to have a play/art room. I haven't broke it to him that it'll have to be the same as his bedroom. At least he'll have a yard!
Happy 5 years, little man! We love you!
1 comment:
Happy belated Birthday Charlie! I wish we were there to celebrate with you. And I wish I was able to hold sweet SJ before she gets too much bigger!
Post a Comment