Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's late and my filters are fading...

1. Keep the blog titles coming. Y'all are some funny people!

2. We're failing miserably at no-TV week, which is very similar to what's happening with the "healthy living" goals from an earlier post.

3. My favorite Andy quote of the week:
As we were driving down our street and the gray pigeons wouldn't get out of our way, Andy very passionately declared, "If I was a bird I'd make sure I was a different color than the street. Stupid birds!" He was serious. He's my favorite thing on the face of the planet! Charlie would be my favorite but Andy's nicer and makes more money.

4. Today I filled up Charlie's little plastic pool since it was 90 degrees outside. We even had the neighbors over because they're awesome. I gave them a bucket to play with, but when one of the other kids took the bucket Charlie asked for a bucket of his own. He tried to say, "Bucket for me" but what he actually said was, "Buck me" which sounded exactly like something that will never be repeated. I am still so disturbed by this phrase coming from his mouth that I may have to take a shower here in a little while so I don't feel so dirty.

5. Thank goodness for full episodes online because SOMEONE cancelled my Brothers & Sisters timer last night and I nearly had a stroke.

6. This morning I signed Charlie up for swim class in Virginia. That's weird since we live in Texas.

7. Charlottesville, VA is #2 on the list of healthiest places to live in America. I'm scared that people there are going to hate me because I'm fat. I don't want to feed the stereotype of the overconsuming, bbq eatin', overweight Texan. Wait, I do fit that stereotype. Oh well, at least I don't have big hair or wear a lot of makeup. I also think people there wear rain boots. Wow. It really is different there.

8. Anyone want a road trip? We'll let you drive Andy's truck to Virginia. It's only 1500 miles.

9. Does anyone watch Gossip Girl? I mean, I certainly don't. I was just asking if you do.

10. I'll sell Andy's collection of National Geographics for $1500. We need gas money. I wish all of our furniture could fit in a Prius.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you totally crack me up! I love checking your blog! I'm getting addicted!! Email me cause I no longer have your address (it's at work) and I want to catch up!
Jenny

leslie said...

when are ya'll pulling out? james and i may be up for a road trip! email me if ya'll really need someone!
lesmayo@gmail.com

Kelli Marchbanks said...

Drew had the same problem with pronouncing "fork." It seemed like he was always asking for a "fork," especially when we were around people we didn't know well. Best wishes in Virginia!

Ashley said...

I am so glad you got to see Bros and Sisters. You know it is the best!

Charlie is a riot. I love him.

I will die laughing if you get $1500 for the magazines. I bet you can get $15 for them.... :)

Andy is so funny, as is his wife.

Do they eat chips and queso in Virginia? I am not sure I can live where they do not have chips and queso

Anonymous said...

I expressed my interest in buying a Prius to Melody the other day and she laughed at me. Maybe 5 dollar a gallon gas might change her mind? :)

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I will drive his truck for you. REALLY! FOR SURE! oh yes and AMEN!

Jennifer said...

I watched Gossip Girl for a while when they started replaying them, and I liked it, but then we moved in with my parents and I forgot to tivo it, hence the death of Gossip Girl in my life. It's good, though. Plus the nice rich guy (Carrie Underwood's ex) is from Dallas, so it wins points for that.

Laura said...

you are so funny! i had the same trouble when declan started talking. when he tried to say "truck" and "grass" it sounded really bad but also hilarious.
when we moved to indiana, i had a really hard time finding Rotel to make queso and i couldn't find Stubb's bbq sauce (which Kril and I love). Good luck with the move!
we'd love to come see you in Virginia some time!

Shanta said...

1) I'll take $1500 to take care of the National Geographic collection. (I can't believe you're letting him keep those through the move!)

2) you're hot! (and funny)

3) I second the nod for full length episodes on the web. Last week we had a near tornado during the Office. I KNOW.