Friday, February 15, 2008

Thanks for my new blog design, Mel! I LOVE it! It almost looks like a boy's blog. Being that I wear a baseball cap four days a week and that I shopped in the little boys' section until halfway through college, it's very fitting.

It's almost midnight on Valentine's Day and I'm typing this while laying next to a sleeping Andy with Charlie asleep in a port-a-crib at the end of the bed. We're at Andy's parents' house for his little sister's (shout out!) wedding this weekend. This was Andy's room growing up. Now we're in here with our two-year-old. Crazy. On the way here today we stopped at ACU for dinner and some sentimentality. As I sat at the food court in the campus center watching Charlie throw a fit because he wanted juice in his cup instead of water (he actually did have juice in his cup but he wouldn't taste it because he thought it was water--ugh!) I was baffled at how I got there. A sympathetic college girl looked at me and smiled and I wanted to say, "Just wait -- one second you're flirting with the cute guy sitting next to you in Bible class and the next it's twelve years later, you're about to turn 30, and your two-year-old is about to hurl his cup at your face." I swear I was just eighteen last week.

So now I'm really missing ACU. I want to be in Sing Song again. I want to go to 9:00 devo. I want to share chairs at Chapel. I want to rollerblade around campus. I want to sit in my mentor's office and work on the world's problems. Any Wildcats feelin' me out there? What do you miss about ACU?

8 comments:

Melody Forest McKee said...

I miss running to class (because I was always late). I miss Chucky T. I miss nights in the dorm. I miss staying up until 3:00 during the week and not caring. I miss Sing Song. I miss Homecoming. I miss formals. I miss walking through the campus center after chapel. I miss my best friends.

Amy said...

Ditto all of those, Mel. Those are good ones.

April L. said...

I miss watching the sun set then making-out on the front porch of the business building. I miss eating cereal for dinner at The Bean. I miss curling up on our Gardner dorm room beds with Laura, Jenny, and Sherri for prayer group. I miss listening to Jeremy and Paul play Dave Matthews songs on the patio during lunch. I miss walking through campus with a backpack on my back, holding Jason's hand. I miss Chucky T. too. I miss being with my siser every day. :( I could go on forever. Those were the days. I hope Riley gets to grow up and experience the greatness of college, hopefully ACU.

Anonymous said...

I miss my parents paying ll my bills.

OQuinn

Shanta said...

Great post. I miss NO RESPONSIBILITY! No silly job (other than my sweet student assistant gig in COBA), no dishes, no mortgage. I also miss singing in chapel, jersey day, the SA office hours, the Abilene Bueno, road trips, long conversations, feeding the ducks :) , meeting incredibly talented people, walks around campus, watching evening intramurals and absolute freedom.

Wendy said...

I'm tellin' ya, it's hard to be on campus on a regular basis, but not be a student! I miss Chapel (it's not the same now, by the way), having 300 girl friends living in the same place, checking mail after Chapel, going to Tuesday night devo, being a Leadership Camps counselor, borrowing clothes, going to socials, PLUS everything else mentioned by others!

Alyssa said...

Wow! Good post! I miss Sing Song season, Joe Allens and Bueno with friends, Abilene Summers when I was an ACU camp counselor, walking around campus at night with my friend Kaley, hanging out in the Senate office, seeing all my friends everyday at 11:00 for chapel...the list could go on and on. Where did the time go?

Ashley said...

Man, I miss so much. I miss chapel. I miss club. I miss Sunday Night Devo, Spring Break campaigns, and Welcome Week. I miss ACU leadership camps and the fun summers I had there. I actually miss being in class too.