I really have a ton to blog about. These things have happened in the last week:
1. Andy's sis got married, now I'm the only Amy Bowman left in the family. It was a beautiful wedding! Charlie thought both the rehearsal and the wedding were his personal platform. I'll post more about that later.
2. Last Sunday we flew to Washington, DC for Andy to interview at UVA (in Charlottesville) and Georgetown for fellowship spots in neonatology (NICU). I don't know if I'm supposed to say this here but I'm very proud so I will -- both programs offered him a position. He'll interview one more place before we decide where we'll be for the next three years. I can't even fathom that. We could be moving across the country in four months. I'm simultaneously intrigued and in denial. Mostly in denial.
3. We flew back to Dallas Tuesday night, me with strep and a 102 fever. That was TONS of fun. I'm still getting over the strep.
4. Wednesday we drove back home and left on Friday for a retreat in Ruidoso, NM. Charlie is currently being spoiled rotten by my parents.
5. Most importantly, MY Baby Riley was born on Thursday. Ok, so technically she was born to my twin sister April, but since half of her DNA is the same as mine I'm claiming her. It makes me so sad to have to wait a few weeks to hold her (they live in Georgia -- ridiculous, I know!) but she'll get sick of me over spring break. Apparently Riley is already very feisty. I knew this would happen. I think that's what they call "pay back." April has always been known as the "evil twin."
6. Today I smashed my hand in my car door (dang wind!) and it's swollen pretty bad. It's not broken but it makes it very hard to blog. :(
9 comments:
What up Bowman? I will be sad if you move, but UVA is beautiful!! I miss you! I finally learned how to leave a comment :)
Plunket
Such exciting news for y'all but sad for us who will miss y'all terribly! I am glad y'all got a weekend away.
Congrats to Dr. Bowman - that's really awesome! :)
We talk about it weekly, but I am totally in denial about the move. I will continue to stay in denial long after you live in another state.
So sorry about the hand. That is rough!
WHOA!! Yeah Andy! I vote Georgetown so I can have someplace cool to visit. The Murrays are known to frequent the greater D.C. area. :)
On another note, it never really occured to me that April's kids could look just like you! I'll be interested to see more pics of sweet Riley. Hope the hand heals quickly.
I can't even think about y'all leaving before we do. It is so depressing.
Wow, congrats to Andy for getting offered both positions! I selfishly would love to see you guys in DC. Please keep us posted on your plans!
Hey girl~ CONGRATS on the wonderful news about UVA and G'town!!!!! That is just awesome. We loved seeing you guys and look forward to hearing about your decision......very exciting! K, T & B
You have more to blog about, I want to know more
Post a Comment