Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2

How did my baby boy get to be two years old? I realize that I'm being wildly cliche but I can't help it. It's crazy. I can no longer ignore that he's left babyhood. Lately I've been letting him hang out in just his diaper because he seems more baby-like that way. How pathetic is that? At some point I have to let him grow up. I can't imagine that he'd have a very successful time in junior high if he still wears diapers and sucks on a pacifier. I'm sure he'll give both up before then. Either that or we'll be spending a lot of money on extensive counseling and orthodontics.

We had Charlie's birthday party this past Saturday. We love having people over but we don't get to do it very often because Andy's either working or we're just enjoying being home together when Andy's not working. We basically used Charlie's birthday as an excuse to have friends over. We were faced with a wonderful dilema (oxymoron??) when inviting people. God has truly blessed us with amazing friends in all of our "worlds" here in Lubbock. I guess He knows how much we need good people around us because He continues to surround us with incredible friends. Because we often have the chance to spend time with our wonderful church family, we decided to invite our friends that we don't often get to spend time with outside of our "normal" settings. We had our neighbors (new & old), our friends from Andy's work, and both sets of grandparents. We still ended up with over 30 people for the party -- it was great! All the kids were so patient and they seemed to have a lot of fun. We went with a camping theme, setting up two tents and some camp chairs in the backyard & serving hot dogs. I also made a "campfire" cake and some cupcakes with plastic frogs and lizzards on top. Charlie blew out his candles perfectly and held on to self control just long enough to open his gifts. I was pretty proud of him given all the people and chaos.



SHOOT! Let's try this again...



Happy 2nd Birthday, "Big Boy"!



5 comments:

Britney K said...

AMY! HOW CUTE HE IS! And seriously that cake is unreal! Where in the world did you get that idea? Also, be glad he's to and not a teenager! Not looking forward to those days. HA!

April Carrasco said...

Look at you ... how crafty! I love the theme. Good job! Be careful driving around today :)!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for letting us celebrate with you guys! We love you Charlie!

melissa deaver said...

That cake is so creative - love it!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Happy B-day Charlie! I LOVE the cake. You are super-talented!