Andy will be traveling to a conference in Philadelphia at the beginning of December and I get to tag along (sans Charlie). We'll only be there for two and a half days and we're staying in the center city area near Rittenhouse Square. Anyone out there have any advice for "must see's/do's" and/or good (and inexpensive) places to eat? We'll be on foot most of the time and are suckers for the historic stuff but also like unique experiences. As usual, I'll be scouring the internet for info but it's always good to have the personal touch, so comment away! Even if you never comment on here and I have no idea that you read this blog I'd appreciate it if you'd comment this time with some tips if you have them. Thanks!!
Oh, and these are obvious. No need to mention.


5 comments:
You HAVE to eat at the famous cheese steak place.. Geno's, I think. There are 2 competing places across the street from each other. The battle is vicious- get the cheese whiz on top!
Shanta's right, you've got to have a cheesesteak while you're in PHL! Pat's and Geno's are the two rivals. I like Pat's better, but Geno's has a better sign. Neither are very "Customer Friendly" so just be prepared! And if they ask if "you want dat wit?" that means with the cheez whiz. just say yes!
Oh, and these places are totally in the hood--another be prepared!
Also, there's a great restaurant on second street called Cuba Libre--they have GREAT mojitos!
I have never been to Phili because I am a loser. You are so cultured!
I didn't know you were a blogger. I'm brand new at this blogging thing and ran across your name on Leslie's page. So check out my new page! Have fun on your trip! I've never been but I'm sure that a cheesesteak would be yummy.
HAHA! i just read this blog AFTER your other blog... ummm.... maybe the LOTS of 'travel by foot' will make up for the cheez whiz. :) Seriously though, you can still have it, just share with Andy. Experience the culture and enjoy what you can SEE and DO more than what you can eat. :) It will be hard and VERY tempting but i have faith in you and know you will stick with your program. Pack 'friendly snacks' in your bags for a quick snack... it might help...????
Post a Comment