I usually just sleep right through thunderstorms but this one crept into my dreams and convinced me that the power was out and tornadoes were coming to get me. Neither one seems to be true at the moment, thank goodness!
Ok, I know it's already Saturday--very early Saturday--but I've got to comment on Grey's. One word sums up my feelings over the last episode--GROSS! Why oh why do they have to turn everyone on the show into adulterers? I really am trying not to be too judgmental here, but for goodness sake I would love to see an awesome show with great writing like Grey's have characters that make decent choices without having to watch stinkin' 7th Heaven on the CW!! Newsflash to the writers...there are still adults (even surgeons--gasp!) in America that don't cheat on their spouses and/or sleep around. They need to stop messing with the good stuff they've got going and put Bailey (the only character who hasn't lost her moral compass at some point in the show) back in the forefront. What's that you say? It's only a tv show? Yes, but it's a tv show that millions watch each week. If there was ever an episode that made me feel really guilty for watching it was this one.
Ok, I have some funny stories:
1. The other night Andy was flying back in after a short trip and his flight unexpectedly landed over 45 minutes late. Evidently the landing gear wouldn't come down so they had to circle for a long time. I didn't get the whole story because Andy slept through the entire event and was awaken by the rest of the passengers' clapping when the plane landed safely. The rest of the people on board were a little shaken up but Andy was just still sleepy. This might not seem funny to you but it is if you have any idea of Andy's documented ability to sleep through anything.
2. When Andy was gone I would tell Charlie to go find Daddy because his response made me laugh. Every time I asked he would hold his hands up (in the "I don't know" position) and start off down the hall. Inevitably I would find him in our master bathroom with his hands still up. Why does he always look for his daddy in the bathroom?
3. Speaking of the bathroom, I've started to leave the bathroom door open when I'm making use of the facilities (like my tact there?) so that Charlie can begin to learn how that all works. The other day he just stood and stared intently. After I finished I was standing at the sink brushing my teeth when Charlie tore off a piece of toilet paper, walked over to me, reached up and wiped it on my leg. What a funny little parrot!
4. Charlie really likes brushing/combing his hair and does so (or tries to) anytime he comes across a hair tool. The other morning I had him sitting on the bathroom counter "helping" me get ready--AKA not playing with the toilet--when I looked over and saw him combing his hair with my tiny eyebrow brush. I just laughed at what he must have been thinking, "Hmmm...what a tiny comb...I must still use it though because that's what I do."
5. A few weeks ago my niece Jordyn (5 years) and her little brother Landon (14 months) were playing outside and my sister kept hearing Jordyn call Landon "dad." When my sister asked Jordyn why she was calling her brother "dad" she said it was because they were playing house and, in her words, "He's my dad and he's a dwarf." Awesome.
And if none of that made you smile, I'd like to remind you that Charlie was Humpty Dumpty for Halloween. I love being a parent!
4 comments:
Okay, I don't watch Grey's so no comments there. I was also up at 3 am watching tv to make sure we were okay! Your stories are hilarious. I especially love that Charlie wiped your leg with toilet paper.
I agree with the GA analysis. What the heck was that about? Now George has moved waaay down my list. Why do some people think "I was drunk!" is an excuse for anything?
I'm all for more Bailey. Hmmm... Baileys... that sounds good.
Love the Humpty Dumpty pic...Charlie's adorable!
You make me laugh so much! Those are great stories!
I really hope it was not a certain airline dear to my heart that was having landing gear problems. That would be bad.
Totally with you on Grey's. Seriously people find the line!
Post a Comment