Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I am so tempted to get on my soapbox about Prop. #2 (defining marriage as only between a man & a woman) being voted on today in Texas but I won't. Let me just say one thing: I wish we would use taxpayer's money for something more productive like education, poverty, etc. instead of a redundant piece of legislation. That's all I'll say about that.

Ok, house cleaners today, carpet cleaners tomorrow, movers scheduled for Friday, & our first houseguests (Ken & Shanty!) on Saturday. We won't have all the painting done so I'm pretty sure the Murry's will get to sleep in the football room (former owners painted it to look like a football field!). We also won't have a fridge yet, which is ok as long as we have a cooler with cold water and maybe milk. That's all I've been using our fridge for lately. Andy will be on call so we'll likely visit him at dinner time at the hospital. If he's good we'll bring him something good to eat. Maybe we can go look at the babies after dinner!

Baby Bowman Update 2005
I go for my regular dr.'s visit tomorrow afternoon so maybe there will be more to write about then. Month six has raised some new questions: Will you give me a flu shot so I don't have to chase one down at a grocery store? Since I couldn't put my shoes on at the end of our roadtrip this weekend, how soon are you going to tell me I need compression hose? Can you please write me a more effecient prescription for my shots so I don't have to go to Walgreens every 10 days?
How much weight should I be gaining (or not gaining!)? How big do you think this kid will be at birth, and what's your take on a C-section if he's more than 8 lbs.? You know, just some things I'm wondering these days!
Charlie has really be going crazy in there the last few days. I can tell that he responds to Andy's voice but I don't think Andy believes me. I think he also responds to Andy's favorite tv shows, which is diappointing because I don't want my newborn soothed by CSPAN. Charlie doesn't much care for my shows like Laguna Beach, but he sure was movin' watching The West Wing with his dad last night! I layed there with Andy's hand on my belly while they both got excited over the show. Maybe tomorrow they'll schedule a 3D sonogram--I'm anxious to get a look at Charlie's face. I hope he looks exactly like Andy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Amy. I couldn't agree with you more. We just voted here in Denver last week to legalize marijuana. Of course, all along, we knew it would still be illegal to carry mary J in colorado. I guess these are political statements. But I'd rather see money go elsewhere.

We want to see pics of the football room!
m

Jenny said...

I'll shout out another "amen!" on your prop 2 opinion.

jenny

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I'm so excited to see the new place!! Although moving stinks, it's fun to get in a new, bigger home! Give us an update after your doctor's appoitment today. Hope all goes well...

Ashley said...

I agree. My sister completely boycotted the vote since they can't fix education. It is just stupid!

can't wait to hear what the doc says. I am worried about your swelling...