Sunday, November 06, 2005

Mountain Magic

Although most people don't believe it until they experience it themselves, Lubbock is a great place to live. One of the things that make it great is the fact that you can drive 4 hours and be in the New Mexico mountains, which is what we did this weekend. One of our favorite places is Cloudcroft, NM. It's a little village that's got tons of charm and plenty of peacefulness. We shared a cabin with our good friends Brook & Amanda and had a great but way too short weekend. Friday night we drove into Ruidoso to eat our brains out and play blackjack at the beautiful Inn of the Mountain Gods Hotel & Casino. Andy & I came out $10 ahead--guess we can buy that hot tub now! Saturday Andy & Brook played golf and Amanda & I went shopping--good times! Then we stuffed our faces with queso while watching Tech beat the pulp out of A&M (Wreck 'em Tech!!). Sunday morning we went to the famous Lodge at Cloudcroft for their Sunday Champagne Brunch. Wow--it was awesome! I think we basically stuffed ourselves all weekend. That makes any weekend great.
Anyway, we got home at about 6:00 tonight only find that our electricity had been off since we left on Friday. Stupid power company!!! I told them to activate utilities at the new house AND keep them on at the current house. It seems someone misunderstood. It's a good thing I never buy groceries or else we would have had tons of ruined food. Instead, it just gave me a good excuse to go ahead and get rid of the 3-week-old expired eggs that I've been holding onto.

I'm gearing myself up for a stressful week of painting, packing, moving, etc. I really hate the moving process but I'm trying to have a better attitude. As I was sitting here stressing, I checked my email and got a new picture of my precious niece, Jordyn. She's the sweetest little thing in the world and she makes me happy just thinking about her! I just had to post this picture!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Did you swing by the Hallmarks and say hello? I'm sure they would have let you borrow an extra crock pot to take with you in case of...you know....emergencies.

Glad you had a great time....and I'm glad I found your blog. Although, I hope you don't mind that I read it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. I'm so looking forward to our trip to Lubbock next month and of course your trip to us during the Thanksgiving holidays. Wish we could come up there to help you paint and get moved, but hopefully you will have plenty of help from friends and don't overdo. I wasn't sure which Ashley it was until I read her comment above mine. Hi Ashley!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great weekend! Your neice is the cutest!!

Anonymous said...

Cool weekend! Um, you'd better get a'moving so you can already have annoying company in your new house this Saturday night... I'll be the motivating force!

And p.s. electricity would be a plus.

Ashley said...

Hi Mrs. Forest!

Ashley said...

She is so cute! Being an aunt rocks. I am so glad you had a good weekend.