Monday, October 24, 2005

I haven't posted since Thursday because I'm lazy. Not that I didn't want to post, but the wireless connection on my laptop is out which means that instead of sitting on my couch posting while watching TV I would actually have to walk the five steps into the study and sit at the desktop and listen to the TV while I posted. Apparantly I just couldn't cope with that arrangement--how pathetic! Anyway, I'm in my office now with time to spare before teaching so here I go!

No less than five groups of our close friends/family were in Vegas during the last week (Happy B-Day Katie!!). That's so painful! We were invited to go but neither of us have ever been, and honestly, I don't want my first trip to be when I'm six months pregnant. I'd like to say that I would feel guilty spending baby money on blackjack, but that's not really it. I mean, Charlie would understand if he had to stay in his cradle until he was two, right? It's Vegas. I just didn't want to limit the possibilities. I mean, nice hotel, Andy's golfing or gambling or something, and I would most definitely need to sit by the pool at some point and have a margarita. That's all I'm saying.

Ok, it's inevitable so I might as well get it over with: (1) Yes, Tech made a lot of mistakes (2) We were playing the #2 team in the nation--give us a break! April (my sister) said that when she comes to Texas at Thanksgiving she's gonna get a UT shirt in the Austin airport. WHAT?! I reminded her that she's obligated to be a Tech fan and you can't be both. She's so fairweather! I think I'll just find a Georgia Tech or maybe Tennessee Vols shirt to wear the next time I'm in Atlanta. Shout out to my loyal Mom who wore her Tech shirt on Saturday while working at Cozy video. We appreciate the support, and might I say, that was very brave of you being in Longhorn/Aggie country. But then again, no one really cares about Tech down there but Tech likes to invent rivalries whenever possible.

In other news, Andy's got an entire week without being on call. Excellent! It's been a long, busy, and tiring month for him, so I'm glad he's getting a break. Plus he can pack so I don't have to do all of it. He suggested puting his National Geographics in the new guestroom. He's so cute--and very, very misguided. Luckily he has me to lead him in the right direction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the accolades about my being brave and wearing my Tech shirt. Now at school today was red day because it is DARE week and we are doing different activities throughout the week to help the children be mindful of being drug free. Well, I thought about wearing my Tech shirt again for the red, but I didn't want to be laughed at-sorry!!!!