Monday, October 03, 2005

God is good! We just got done with our women's Bible study and I'm just amazed at how we've seen God answer our prayers for each other over the past few weeks. The funny thing is that as soon as they left here I checked my email and I got another answered prayer. A few weeks ago I made the decision to not request to be put on the teaching schedule for the spring semester and take my chances at getting a research position instead. I've been teaching for my department at Tech for three years now and have gotten great pay and benefits as well as a flexible schedule. The thing I was worried about is that I will be starting my 9th month when the spring semester starts--not the greatest situation for teaching two large college classes. Because there is no substitute system I would have had to beg someone else to cover my classes while I had the baby and recovered as well as arrange reliable daycare for a newborn while I taught. I couldn't afford to just take the semester off without pay or benefits so I was a little worried that another position wouldn't come through.
Well, I just got an email from the graduate advisor and she let me know that I got a graduate assistant assignment for the spring semester with my major advisor with whom I have a really great relationship. I will work with her on whatever she needs and likely still get to teach (my first love) now and then. My schedule will be completely up to us and I know she will be flexible with me, allowing me to work from home and bring the baby to school when I need to. It could not have worked out any better! God sure does take care of us!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

AMEN!
What a blessing!
I love you!

Can you make your grad assistant change your friend's baby's diapers?

April Carrasco said...

That is great! What an answered prayer. Charlie will pick up all the Tech girls!

Jennifer K said...

God is AMAZING! I am glad it all worked out! If you have any night classes, I would love to babysit!

Anonymous said...

God is wonderful. He Blessed us with you!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

How awesome Amy!! What an answered prayer!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Mimi :)

Anonymous said...

I think it would have been cool to teach while 9 mos pregnant. Who knows- you could have had a great visual aid about family studies when you started your family right in the middle of class!

melissa deaver said...

God is GOOD! It's just amazing what can happen when we just trust!

Anonymous said...

Siser, your too little to be acting so grown up!