Thursday, August 21, 2008

Good Friends, Good Times

This past week we had our good friends Anindita and Biswa staying at our house. Anindita and I became good friends when we were in graduate school together and she just moved to Cville for a post-doc position at UVA. I'm SO happy that she's here! It's sad that Biswa will be far away at his job with the University of Arkansas, but I have big plans to keep Anindita occupied so she won't get too lonely. We already have plans for a girls' night out with dinner and a movie. Charlie really warmed up quickly to both of them and they think he's the cutest, sweetest thing ever. What can I say? They're both very smart people. :) They also cooked us some fantastic chicken curry. I told Anindita that I'm here for her anytime she feels the need to cook for someone. I'm very considerate that way.

We've been obsessed around here with the Olympics! I can't get enough of it. I think I'll need counseling when they're over. Michael Phelps, Dara Torres, Lolo Jones, Usain Bolt, Kerri Walsh & Misty May-Treanor, Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson, drama with scores, disqualifications, upsets, personal stories, etc. I told you -- I can't get enough! Charlie's also a HUGE fan. He stands on the arm of the sofa, jumps onto the cushions and says he's diving. He talks about beach volleyball, Michael swimming, and gymnastics. He loves to say "ready, set, go" while watching track events. He makes me sing "The Flag Song" ten times a day. I'm excited for the London games when he'll actually be old enough to remember them. Good times!



















5 comments:

The von Minden Family said...

AWWW....I love the pic of Charlie with his bike helmet on:)....too cute!!!

Grammy Forest said...

Oh, we miss him so very much. So glad you and friends had a wonderful time and your favorite food. Charlie just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Shanta said...

sweet helmet!

Ashley said...

I miss you! :(

Holly O'Quinn said...

That's awesome that Charlie is on a bike already. What a big boy. Jacob has finally reached the pedals of his tricycle!