Thursday, June 07, 2007

WHAT UP from the ATL!

Charlie and I are in Atlanta visiting my sister, and today we visited the Georgia Aquarium. I've only been to one other aquarium a long time ago so I don't have much to compare it to, but I'd say it was more entertaining than educational with some pretty amazing sights. Some of the most impressive displays were the four whale sharks (amazingly huge!), four beluga whales (my favorite--brings back childhood Sea World memories), and an incredible ocean reef room. The Georgia Aquarium is one of only four aquariums in the world to have whale sharks and it's the only one outside of Asia to have them. Crazy. Charlie loved it and behaved really well--yay! He kept doing the sign for "butterfly" when we were watching the beluga whales, I guess because their tails look like butterflies. I don't know. I hope he doesn't really think the whales are butterflies or we have a lot of work to do!
We got Charlie a whale shark puppet from the gift shop because let's face it, it's just funny to have a whale shark puppet. April and I entertained ourselves while stuck in traffic by giving the puppet different persona. The best one was my interpretation of "Wayne" the flamboyant whale shark that's worried that his spots make him look fat and is considering getting his teeth whitened. We laughed a lot but I'm sure the people in cars around us wondered why we were playing with a puppet. Hey, it helped pass the time.

Anyway...here are some of my favorite pics from the aquarium:













10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics from the ATL... reminds me of home. Did you know it is the home of So So Def records? Maybe you can take Charlie on a tour there? Hey... did I see your mom on the Today show a few days ago? Seriously... a woman that looked JUST like her was in the crowd, announcing her 50th bday and said she was from Abilene. If it was not her, then that is a HUGE coincidence! Peace!

April Carrasco said...

Those are awesome! That jellyfish picture looks like a postcard. I want to go to that aquarium, it looks amazing! Have fun for the rest of your trip :)!!

Holly O'Quinn said...

The pictures are so great, and Charlieis adorable!!!! What a cutie! Have fun with your siser...

Ashley said...

The jellyfish picture kind of looks like Charlie is back in the womb. :) Cute picts. Tell April HI!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Love the jelly fish picture and the one of him running in the tunnel! I really wish I could've heard you doing "Wayne" the whale concerned about his weight!

Anonymous said...

To Maria, You flatter me since I am 60 years young. We also live in La Grange. Wish I had seen it though, would have been fun. Our Charlie sure is adorable, isn't he? Can't wait for the visit later this month. We sure miss the hugs!

Alyssa said...

Awesome pictures- it looks like a great vacation! Charlie is getting SO big!

Sarah said...

I miss you and April! Sounds like you had a great trip!

Ashley said...

My two favorite rakes together at the aquarium with a cute little short dude. How fun is that?

Hope y'all are having a good time.

Katie said...

Those pictures are great! Frame that first one for sure!