Last night we delivered Arby's to Andy who had to work all day and night on Father's Day :(. At least Charlie got to help him work on updating some charts. His handwriting is about as good as Andy's so I'm sure it will be fine.
Andy's National Geographic collection has been known to cause problems in our household from time to time. The most recent one came with a map called "A World Transformed." The other day as Charlie was relocating items from our bedside tables (one of his daily chores apparently) he came across the map. He took off towards the living room with map in tow and this is how I found him. What can I say? He's his father's son.
I just think this picture is funny.
On a more serious note, this has been an eye-opening week for our family. After months of waiting we found out that Andy didn't get accepted into a fellowship (further training after residency). It's been a frustrating, expensive and cumbersome process and it ended in major disappointment. We're still waiting on one last opportunity but we're ready to reapply next year if it comes to that.
Also this week, some good friends of ours lost a close friend. Her name was Wendy and she was our age with a husband, young daughter and two-week-old son. Out of the blue she stopped breathing and never regained consciousness. Her family had to make the decision to take her off life support on Saturday.
It just makes us truly thankful for the blessings that we have and has reminded us that our career plans a pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
4 comments:
Well put, my friend. I know God has such amazing things in store for Andy in his career. It will be neat to see what path God takes him on from here.
Charlie, as always, is too cute! I love the picture of him on the couch with the map. What a funny little guy!
I know it will all work out for Andy, but I know this waiting part is not easy at all. Ya'll are in my prayers!
I keep reading that blog about the Carr's and just cry everytime, but agree with you that it makes me count my blessings!
I love seeing pictures of your sweet boys! Keep us posted on the fellowship.
Thank you for sharing the Carr's blog. I share a mutual friend who let us know about the situation and the story is heartbreaking. Reading Matt's thoughts are encouraging. His faith is amazing.
He is absolutely adorable in person. And so is Charlie!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment