Andy and I spent this past weekend in the mountains of New Mexico. Okay, so they're baby mountains but they're the best we can get with a four-hour drive. We wanted to stay in our favorite B& B, Ravenwind, but the owners were in China (of course!) so we tried someplace different. We ended up staying in a little cabin (Oso Rio Cabins) close to the middle of no where. It was great! On our drive in on Friday night we spotted a huge elk by the road and lots of deer--really scary! I actually brought a stomach virus with me and was sick in bed Friday night and all day Saturday. That was a little depressing but it was a nice excuse to lay in bed all day in a cozy mountain cabin. On Sunday we drove into Cloudcroft and had brunch at The Lodge and it was awesome! After browsing the shops in town we headed back to our cabin for some ATV action. We rode to the top of a nearby ridge and then headed back down only to get caught in a crazy downpour. I was driving at that point and could hardly see because of the rain but I still managed to hit all the big puddles and miss the cow that was in the road. We were soaking wet and muddy when we got back but it was worth it. It was the most fun I've had in a long time! If we can ever afford a vacation place I want a mountain cabin and an ATV. Anyway, we came home on Monday and were really happy to be back with Charlie. We missed him like crazy! We were blessed to have Melody & Michael take such good care of him and I know Charlie probably had a fun break from us too!
We rode to the top of this ridge.
After our ATV ride.
3 comments:
How fun!
Did you have your name on masking tape at the towel holder? Did you have a crock pot for night time? I'm sure with your stomach bug the crock pot came in handy...oh and the bran muffins probably did too.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
CUTE! I love it! I am glad you guys had fun on your weekend away. You deserve it!
Post a Comment