Friday, February 09, 2007

Wow--another great Thursday night for my shows! The Office was insane. I loved Jim's Pavlov experiment with Dwight and the altoids. Michael was really out of control! His conversation with Phyllis when she was in the bride's room was hilarious. I'm still worried and sad about Pam and Jim though. Grey's--crazy! The poor woman with the crush injury reminded me of the beast on the TV version of Beauty and the Beast starring Linda Hamilton. Anyone with me? I'm sure Meredith will drown and then they'll have to rename the show. What was your favorite part?

Charlie had his 12-month well check today so the day's been a little off. When they weighed and measured him I couldn't believe how big he looked! Just a year ago he was a tiny newborn on that same scale. It's crazy! When his doc came in he gave her a big smile. He did really well until she needed to check over things in the diaper area. He's been horrible at getting his diaper changed since the day he was born. He's in the 25th percentile for length, 45th for weight and 90th for head circumference. He's a short kid with a huge cranium (name that movie reference). Anyway, he's perfectly healthy and is an amazing gift! Oh, I did mention to his doc that I think he's had some night terrors. Her response was, "Do you have a video camera? I've really wanted to get one on video to show the residents." If we did have a video camera (we don't--are we bad parents?) I would totally try to get it on tape. Her eight-year-old son has had night terrors so she validated my being freaked-out. Sometimes that's all a mom needs!

I felt really bad when Charlie got his shots this time. The more aware he gets the guiltier I feel. I'm already dreading the 4-year shots when he'll totally know that I'm actually paying them to jam needles into his little body. Those needles are SO long too. I don't think that's necessary. It looks like they're long enough to go halfway through his little leg. I just really didn't like the shots this time. Luckily Andy was there so I made him hold Charlie down while I prepared for the instant after-shot snuggle.


Charlie at 1 month


Charlie at 11 months

7 comments:

Sue said...

So I Married an Axe Murderer... his head is like an orange on a toothpick. I am in town this weekend- it's Homecoming at LCU. Will you be at church on Sunday? My Meredith prediction: it will be just like when the bomb went off- a huge build up, but not that big of deal. Derek will save her and prove that he is her Knight and Shining Whatever.

Anonymous said...

Dang...I was so on that movie reference but Sue beat me to it. Now you have a great excuse to buy a video camera!! I know you've been wanting one. The word verification this time is drbobo. That's funny. I think I'll start calling Andy Dr. Bobo. I think it suits him.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Wow! It's amazing how much they change in such a short time! He's so cute!

Ashley said...

The altoid/Pavlov experiment was hilarious, as was Micheal putting cake on his face. He is truly something else. Gery's was crazy. I wonder what will happen with Mer. She might lose it for awhile. I also think she might break down some of her walls for a good cry.

Shots are no fun. Charlie is such a cutie. I am glad he is modest and doesn't like to show the diaper area. His mom must already be telling him that other people don't touch your "swimsuit area"

Anonymous said...

I am with you on The Office- Michael was so out of control last week! Phyllis just cracks me up....and I'm also nervous that Pam is getting back together with Roy.

Charlie is SO CUTE- he really is an adorable little guy and I can't imagine how hard it is to watch them get their shots.

Jennifer K said...

I can't believe he is a year old! Time is going so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out from the wonderful night nurses. Charlie is such a cutie pie, and we enjoy looking at the pictures. You do a great job keeping up with everything and keeping it so current. Kudos to you!!! We think you're such a good writer. :)