Happy Birthday to My Man!
This is a brag-on-my-husband post. Andy's birthday is tomorrow, so even though he doesn't like to make a big deal out of it, I like to celebrate it because I'm really glad he was born (thanks Larry & Sara)!
Charlie trying out his tux for Aunt Melody's wedding next weekend!
This is a brag-on-my-husband post. Andy's birthday is tomorrow, so even though he doesn't like to make a big deal out of it, I like to celebrate it because I'm really glad he was born (thanks Larry & Sara)!
I'm always proud of Andy but the past few months he's really out-done himself. In October he received the "Resident of the Month" award from the hospital. One of his patients wrote a letter about what good care he gave. I was already proud of him because I know how much he cares about his patients, but it's nice to have that recognized. The same week we found out that he and his fellow second-year residents placed 2nd (out of 215 programs) in the nation on their in-training exam scores. That's huge! Then this past Sunday he ran a half-marathon in Dallas. He said he was going to do it so he did. He absolutely loved it. I'm just so proud of the husband, father, friend, son, brother, doctor, etc. that he is. I don't know why God chose me to be his wife but I sure am blessed! Ok, I better stop because Andy's going to get embarrassed by this post and may even make me delete it, so you should feel lucky if you get to read it before he sees it!
In other news, Charlie and I bought the remainder of Charlie's Christmas gifts today. He got a big Tonka dump truck--Andy & I can't wait to play with it. We also picked out a red playground ball--he already loves it. I got a package of little baby tube socks for his stocking, because every little boy needs socks from Santa (right, Sara?). He's also getting some cool nesting cars and a bottle of bubbles. The bubbles actually came from his nursery teachers but I think I'll slip them in his stocking and let Santa get the credit. So let's see, that's a truck, ball, socks, bubbles & cars. It's so easy (and cheap) when they have no idea what's going on!
In other news, Charlie and I bought the remainder of Charlie's Christmas gifts today. He got a big Tonka dump truck--Andy & I can't wait to play with it. We also picked out a red playground ball--he already loves it. I got a package of little baby tube socks for his stocking, because every little boy needs socks from Santa (right, Sara?). He's also getting some cool nesting cars and a bottle of bubbles. The bubbles actually came from his nursery teachers but I think I'll slip them in his stocking and let Santa get the credit. So let's see, that's a truck, ball, socks, bubbles & cars. It's so easy (and cheap) when they have no idea what's going on!
7 comments:
Happy belated birthday Andy! Dude- I didn't even know and we saw him this weekend! I love Charlie's monogrammed bum. And the tux is adorable. Merry Christmas friends!
Happy birthday Andy! What a sweet post...I'm glad I got to read it. I love the Christmas p.j.'s, but that tux is adorable!!!! I LOVE it! Taylor said she thinks he is really handsome.
Oh Shanty--no worries--today is his b-day!
I bet Andy feels the same way about you too Amy. Both Sara and I agreed a long time ago that you and Andy were meant to be together. It couldn't have been any other way. Just look at Charlie! He is the best of both of you. Love ya!
Those are precious Charlie pictures! I love the sleeping one. Happy late b-day Andy!
I love both of your boys so much! I am thankful for the friendship we have with your family.
you're a blessed woman, mrs. bowman! Enjoy your boys!
Post a Comment