That's One Sick Monkey!I think we're finally getting over things. Charlie was sick for a week with a stomach virus, which gave my carpet cleaner, washing machine, and bathtub quite a workout. He was so pitiful and sad and so were we at having to deal with it. He only got down from our laps two or three times last week to play, and one of those times we put him in the monkey costume that someone gave us. What? It was important. Anyway, I'm glad he's feeling better!
Charlie's starting to deal with something. I don't know what it is but it may drive me crazy. I think it's separation anxiety. Leaving him to fall asleep on his own is out of the question. Even when he's totally asleep he'll wake up and scream when we put him in his crib. He usually settles down quickly...except for last night. What time did I finally turn the monitor down and go to sleep? I'm not sure--I stopped looking at the clock at around 2:00 am. I felt like I was dealing with a newborn again. I think I said a few choice words here and there each time I threw back the covers and gritted my teeth in frustration as I headed down the hall to his room. I distinctly remember not-so-subtly removing Andy's hand from my arm as he gave me the "you're a good mom, thanks for getting up with him" pat (we both got up several times with him). I love my baby to the ends of the earth, but I didn't like him all that much last night, especially when his cry was obviously a mad cry and not a sad or hurting cry. This is the first time that I've had this feeling towards him. I was hoping to stave that off until later.
The other thing he's doing is crying when anyone leaves the room. Andy, Mel and I can all be playing with Charlie in the living room and the minute anyone even thinks about leaving his sight he gets mad. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't keep me from leaving the room, but it sure is annoying. If it wasn't for those big blue eyes and irresistable smile...
Andy and Charlie have the same "happy place"--in the recliner watching college football. Did you see that last touchdown that Tech made against the Aggies? Charlie got a little startled and cried when we yelled and jumped around the room. He doesn't quite understand football fan behavior. We're gonna have to work on that.
6 comments:
I'm so glad that you finally put up new pictures. I wish that I was there. I'd take care of your baby monkey for you so that you could sleep.
Just remember that all things, good and bad, are just a phase. Carley goes through the times too and the pass. Then she has awesome times and....they pass.
Hang in there. I think we need to go get pedicures and leave our kiddos with their dads!
I was about to say if you bought that costume I was going to be mad b/c I have Kole's just like that from last year. Precious!
I am so sorry for the lack of sleep and "seperation anxiety". I never believed it at the time when people said it will fly by and it truly does. You are in my thoughts!
Poor Babies! All three of you. Oh yes, don't you love those "stages" the little ones go through? You'll find that things change after they are sick. I wish we were closer, but no such luck to help out. It doesn't make you a bad mom if you have those kind of feelings, especially after a night of little sleep. It soon shall pass, so hang in there. At least you have only one! I had a few of those kinds of nights and it is hard with one baby in each arm and your dad just blissfully snoring away. Love you!
What sweet pictures. Jonathan was holding Elise when the last touchdown happened...to say least Elise was a little freaked out with all the screaming and jumping around from the adults! What a game though!
I am working on the nap thing. Elise does not like to be put down. Let me know if something works--we have been trying everything!
Hey Bowman West.....It's time for a new blog.....have you checked Ashley's lately? Big news. Love you!
Post a Comment