WE-ARE-DUN-BAR
If you don't watch, you won't get this post. If you do watch and haven't watched the newest episode, I'm warning you now that this is a spoiler so STOP reading!
Wow, I'm so proud of our girls and Paul Lawrence Dunbar. I didn't know if they'd win nationals or not since they just couldn't seem to get it together, but alas, in true tv fashion everything turned out as we wanted. Thank goodness for the red jello!
Just some things:
1. How proud are you of Megan for landing her full? She's one of Charlie's favorites because he likes the good girls. Katie landed her front punch and they all pulled off their barrel rolls. Way to go girls!
2. Ryan's mom is a big jerk sometimes. She also treats her husband like dirt.
3. Amanda's a big brat.
4. Chelsea needs counseling or something.
5. New Rochelle was just a little too thrusty.
6. Did you get nervous for Dunbar? I did. I almost made a rattle with a water bottle and cheered along. Admit it if you did--it's ok.
7. When I was a cheerleader (in the 7th grade when we still wore sweaters for uniform tops!), our cheerleading was definitely not a sport. We basically just goofed of and did a dance to "You Can't Touch This" (you're jealous!). However, these girls are really awesome. I love watching all the tumbling and stunts. Lots of my friends were cheerleaders in high school. Did you do cool stunts and throws like that? Write about it in a comment.
8. If (I mean, when) Charlie goes to nationals in something one day I'm definitely going, especially if it's in Orlando! Hopefully he'll need a sponsor for a DC or NYC trip or something.
Ok, I'm a little sad that to admit that I got hooked on the show but the fact that I regularly DVR the documentary channel makes up for it, right?
4 comments:
I was never cool or small enough to be a cheerleader like those girls! But I was the JV cheerleading sponsor for a few years for FHS and we did take the combined squads to nationals. I have NEVER seem more body glitter in my life! It was so fun. The trip was filled with drama as all high school trips are. I would not recommend being a sponsor for Charlie's trip at all! :)
As soon as I saw the subject, I knew what you were talking about! I love that show!
So this was a regular TIVOed show for me. I will admit I was by myself Friday night and watched it on real time and I cried. Yes, cried. I was so proud of the girls. There were so many highs and lows, but they pulled through! It made me want to be back in High School--we actually stayed in the same hotel that they were in. So that brought back memories. I know, I am a big dork. I actually want Elise to be a cheerleader and I am afraid I will be the crazy cheerleader mom. I have already started preparing Jonathan. :)
Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who watched this show. I was going to blog about it, but I thought I was the only one who watched it. At the end I totally cried too. I just loved high school and all those memories came back and oh the emotion! Amanda's mom was way too into it. She's more into it than her daughter. Chelsea's whole family needs therapy. I love Saleem, he loves those girls so much. I really like Ryan to. She's just so laid back even though her mom is a nut. I'm so glad we love the same tv.
LOVE this show. A bunch of ACU girls get together and watch it. I was so excited when they won! I cheated, however, and looked it up online (to see if they won) before it came on TV. I know, I'm a loser. Amanda's mom is so annoying, and I was SO PROUD of Megan.
Post a Comment