Friday, March 31, 2006


Happy 2-months Charlie!

Charlie turned 2 months old yesterday which meant he was fair game for a doctor's visit and shots. He did really well. Of course he cried with the shots but he stopped when I picked him up. Talk about an ego boost. He weighed 10 lbs 12 oz, which is about the size of the other Bowman babies at birth. He's tracking in the 25th percentile, another separation from the Bowman norm. I guess he takes after his mom, except that he looks exactly like his dad. After the appointment we showed him off to the ladies in the newborn nursery who took care of him after he was born. He's already popular with "tha ladies." I also like getting complimented with the "you're so skinny already--you look great." Another ego boost. It helps to get diagnosed with gestational diabetes and be put on a special diet and then breastfeed. That fat didn't stand a chance! Burn fat, burn! I'm really not skinny though, still overweight but just skinnier than I was.

My twin sis April flies in tomorrow for her spring break. This will be her first time to meet Charlie and we're all very excited. On Monday we'll head down to LaGrange (where we grew up) to spend time with the folks and sister Misti and her family. She and her husband Brad have Jordyn (4) and Landon who is two weeks older than Charlie. This will be their first time to meet Charlie and our first to meet Landon--talk about good times! It also means that Charlie will have his first road trip--8 hours. I hope it goes well!

Today we're cleaning house. I told Charlie to clean his room earlier but he hasn't done it yet. I've threatened him with the loss of phone time but he doesn't seem phased. Man, this rebellion thing starts early!

We may be going back to the doctor today for a small procedure called a frenulectomy. Charlie was born with a short, thick, tight lingual frenulum (the tissue that connects you tongue to the bottom for your mouth) that's connected right at the tip of his tongue. A frenulectomy is a procedure where they snip the tissue to free the tongue. Tongue tie is pretty common and it can interfere with breastfeeding and speech development. He's doing well with feeding but we want to get it taken care of before he starts trying to talk (we know, that won't be for a while!). Anyway, if the doc has time today we'll do it and if not we'll wait till later. No big rush. I'm going to be a wimp though and probably cry when they do it.











Of course, more pics:

Charlie playing. Looks a little like Andy don't ya think?













Charlie and Carley at a friend's birthday party. I have no idea what they're looking at but it must be interesting. Of course there's me with my standard "eyes closed" pose.









I don't know why Charlie looks like he has male patterned baldness. He obviously didn't get it from his dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see him, oh and you and April of course! I know April is so excited to meet Charlie and Landon and that the boys are excited to meet one another. The holidays this year are going to be a blast, and very active. Take care, have a wonderful visit and will see you real soon. Love you and give Charlie a big hug from his Grammy and Granddaddy, oh and give one to Charlie's daddy too.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! We love you so much and we are so glad you made it into our world. You are very fun to cuddle with and I love your little bald head!

Lynn said...

I hate to tell you this but Ashley had the same thing with her tongue! Let me warn you that once they snipped it she never shut up! Charlie may start talking immediately. He is so precious and I wish I could see you all while you are in LG.....come to church and visit! LOVE YOU ...Lynn

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

He is so precious!! And I'm thinking a harsh grounding is next if you can't get that boy to clean his room.

Sue said...

How about a Grey's Anatomy post??