Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I spent WAY too much time at Wal-Mart today. It was so disgusting! I swear you'd think it was the day after Thanksgiving but turns out it was 2:00 on a Tuesday afternoon. Don't people work or something! I know I don't work on Tuesdays but I feel that everyone else should. People don't know how to shop efficiently and it drives me nuts. So many times I wanted to yell, "Move your stinkin' basket!!" or "Didn't you make a list?!" Ugh. I hate Wal-Mart but it's so dang affordable, so it's definitely a love-hate relationship. I wanted to pick up some new blinds but someone had bought every single one of the size I needed. It's ok if I do that but I hate when others do it to me. Wal-Mart is not supposed to run out of things.

Anyway, I have a million papers to grade. Tomorrow is the last day of classes at Tech which is cause for both great celebration and great frustration. My students are incapable of calculating their own grades. I want to fail them for this very reason. You don't need a college degree if you can't figure out a simple grading scale. They also have no idea how to figure what they need on their final exam for an A, B, C, etc. in the class. So, I get all these emails asking me to do it for them and I just want to write back with a simple "NO. Why don't you ask your mom to do it for you."

Andy's on call tonight which means that my snoogle & I get the bed to ourselves. Andy was so nice to buy me the snoogle but now he's a little jealous because it turns out that the most comfortable place for the gigantic pillow is inbetween the two of us. He has his favorite "lid" back though so it's a trade-off. Tomorrow's high is 20-something degrees! Good thing I teach in the morning and at night so that I get to be out & about at the coldest times of the day. I even had to buy a cheap coat at Wal-Mart to have one that fits over my big belly. Good times!

3 comments:

Holly O'Quinn said...

I know exactly what you mean about Walmart. I find the best times to go are between 7-10AM. So much of Walmart's problem are with the dang aisle. I understand it's a keen marketing strategy to have every single "good deal" be in my way, but sometimes I just want to get what is on my list and leave! Aghhh!
By the way...any news on your assignment at school? I've been thinking about you.

Ashley said...

I had a breakdown last night because I have now outgrown Cody's sweatshirts. I have none that fit me. With less than 3 weeks left, I had to hit Old Navy for a HUGE neon green fleece beacuse it was the only thing in my size!

Anonymous said...

Girl- don't even get me started about Wally World. They're in the same category as the Sonic guys. I wish you could come over with your snoogle and hit my couch with me! Tucker would keep us good company while we watch Lost and stay warm by the fire! Tell your students to get off their lazy keisters and do something for themselves.