Thanks to everyone for your concern over my lack of post. Everything's fine. We moved on Friday and our DSL won't be up at the house for a week--it's taking major patience on my part! It's also taking major pocket change for those decaf coffees at the coffee house where I intended to sit and post but my battery charger won't charge my laptop right!
Ok, just a few things to tide you over until I can spend some time to make a real post.
(1) Got Charlie's cradle in the mail and I can't believe he's actually going to be in it. 13 Wednesdays and counting!
(2) I heard a remake of Extreme's "More Than Words" on the radio. Half of it is sung in Spanish. Not only can I not condone a remake of that song (it was mine and Jason Fajkus' song in the 8th grade), but singing half of it in Spanish is totally inappropriate!
(3) Monday morning drama at the new house: I was walking out the door at 8:00 to go teach my 9:00 class when I stopped for one last visit to the bathroom. Flush, water rising, remove tank cover, pull up on float, entire assembly comes out, water fountain in the bathroom, I stoop to turn the water off, no handle on the valve, sprint to the garage to get the plyers, stoop to turn off the valve, realize that I'm totally soaked with toilet water, raw sewage is backing up into the bathtub, check the clock--it's 8:15, class is at 9:00 and I'm a mess. Cancel class. Call Andy in a panic, check with the neighbors ("Any plumbing trouble? Could it be the city line?"), find a plumber, call Elias (our "guy"--you need one!), cancel the plumber, fall asleep on the couch until Elias gets there. It's a clog in the main sewer line, Elias snakes it for an hour & leaves, I crawl in bed to recover. Rough day!
9 comments:
EW! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that Amy! I'm glad you got to take a nap after all that.
Gross...that's terrible. Glad you got it fixed. Can't wait to see the new place!
That doesn't sound like fun Ked!
Reminds me of the first night in our new house. It was a very similar problem that happened around midnight. Ick! Glad you got to rest.
Nice way to start the day. Yuk! I'm glad you made some kids day though by cancelling class! Sweet.
Are ya'll in town this weekend? We are coming in tomorrow night.
Love me some Lubbock.
Leslie--we're leaving town tomorrow morning and won't be back until late Sunday! :( I'll make sure to leave Lubbock nice & tidy for ya!
Dude. I am glad you are alive and that Charlie didn't come. Sorry abuot the toilet. Man, do I wish I was in your class. You have good excuses to cancel. I wish you would have taught my classes. (plus I would have learned a lot more)
Have a safe trip. We will miss you. Don't swell.
Man, I am sorry! What a bummer! I guess you got a nap out of it and got to miss school though and if Charlie is like most little boys he likes playing in the sprinklers so it is all good.
My Poor Baby! You really had a rough day. Reminds me of some of the ones I experienced during pregnancy. God packs those little guys pretty good to withstand some of life's little surprises.Like the day your dad and I went crabbing in the little creek by our house in Virginia. We had a whole bucket of the critters, and while your dad was outside with his army buddies, the crabs decided to make an escape attempt. They started to come out of the bucket, out of the sink and onto the kitchen floor. I was barefoot and very pregnant with your brother when I had to rush to the back door, careful not to get pinched on my toes, to call to your dad to help me. His buddies made some comment about, "Way to go Sarge. Keeping her barefoot and pregnant." Oh the stories I could tell! Take care and so excited to have all my girls home for Thanksgiving.
sick. you deserve a big gold star after a day like that... I had to do some garbage disposal repairs last night and it kinda made me a little queasy to stick my hand down in there--even with my hot pink rubber glove on. props to you!
Post a Comment