Thursday, October 13, 2005

Questioning One's Faith

Ok, it's not what you think. I'm talking about something different. I've mentioned before that I love the Internet and heavily depend on it. Today my faith was shaken. It started with my doorbell ringing and me greeting a man from the electric company. "I'm hear to collect your utilities bill or disconnect." WHAT?! I pay my bills. I said, "That's impossible. I paid that with my online bill pay." He didn't know what that was. I didn't take it out on him--I knew he was just there to do his job. I ran and got my laptop, sat on the front porch while I connected to my bank--I think the guy was annoyed. It shows the check was sent--it's obviously sitting unopened in the electric company's office somewhere. Ugh! So, I just cut a check (we now know where our checkbooks are, which is an improvement since we never write checks anymore). Andy came home and went to work on the issue. Turns out it's the bank's fault. Online banking just didn't work well for us this time. What?! It didn't work well? But it's the Internet. It has to work. My faith was tested.
The other thing that happened? I've been faithfully tracking & bididng on an old wooden cradle on ebay for the past week. It takes work and at midnight last night I was going to win. I woke up this morning to see that I had been outbid by $1 by someone who swooped in at the last minute (5:30 am--the auction ended at 5:45 am) and took my cradle! JERK!! I almost emailed the person with a dirty message but I don't want to lose my eBay privileges. I love that I can shop 24/7 on the Internet, but I don't want everyone to be able to! Again, it just didn't work out well for me this time. Although, I have to say, I'm still keeping the faith. I won't give up that easily.

Baby Bowman Update 2005
Charlie now has close to 20 outfits hanging in the closet. Whoever said it's not fun to dress up little boys hasn't been shopping lately! He's already got a first pictures/Easter outfit (thanks g-ma Bo), a Tech onesie & little shoes to go with (thanks Aunt Mel), CUTE sleepers (thanks Aunt Amy), and his first blue jean overalls (thanks Aunt Kristy). Aunt Kasey (thanks to cousins Sam & Keller) is going to load us up with clothes up to 3T--yes! I sneak in the closet and look through the tiny clothes about once a day. I just can't believe that we're gonna have a little person to put in them! So, the main part (cute clothes) is taken care of. Is there anything else I need to prepare for? I think we're ready.

3 comments:

leslie said...

Who does that electric man think he is? That stinks! I can just see you sitting on your front porch with your computer....

Be safe traveling today!

Anonymous said...

BTW....Im glad I wasnt there when the electric man came of he may have lost a valuable body part. I almost went crazy on the cable man once....so...service people...better watch your back!

Anywho...I am pretty sure I wont be able to resist bying Charlie tons of stuff....oh man...Im going to be broke once again. Son of a..

Anonymous said...

um, I'm pretty sure that the electric man violated the Texas Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. You so can't do that! Call me and for a small fee I can write a strongly worded letter to somebody.

I can't wait to see that little person in those clothes either!! Warning: I may cry when I see you and Ashley. I haven't seen either of you showing yet. I may be overwhelmed...