Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Baby Bowman Update 2005:
This morning I had to drag myself out of bed to use the bathroom at an inappropriately early hour and when I laid back down I felt something weird. I think the Peanut was practicing for the Olympic trials or something--goodness gracious! I've felt the baby move a lot but not that much. I think it's a sign of things to come--I'm a late sleeper and that's soon going to be over. I can't even imagine how women sleep when the baby's full term and doing karate in their ribs (as my mom insists we did--sure we did mom!).
Anyway, I'm losing track of my weeks. Since Sunday I've been telling people I'll be 18 weeks on Wednesday. Well, what do you know--I get my little weekly email today and I'm 19 weeks. I'm thankful for email. That would be embarassing the next time I went to the doc and I'm like a month off on my count--I really do care, I just think I'm losing my mind!
Less than a week now until the big ultrasound (Tues. Sept. 27, 9:40 am). I just talked with my niece Jordyn this morning, who happened to be the only one to correctly predict the sex of her expected baby brother, and Jordyn (age 4) says we're having a girl. Her reasoning? (1) I told her that our baby's heartbeat sounded like a train and she said that when she heard her brother's heartbeat it sounded like a galloping horse. She explained that boys sound like horses and girls sound like trains. Good enough for me! (2) She said she's saved all her baby clothes and she's ready to send them to me. I'd be really excited about that since I've given her many of them and the fact that by looking at the tags you'd think her name was either Old Navy or Ralph Lauren. She always looked like a little doll baby.

Conveniences:
1. If it's a boy: we're set on furniture--we've got all of Andy's boyhood furniture and would just need a crib; his name would be Charlie and Ashley's baby would be Carley and they could be best friends--Carley & Charlie!
2. If it's a girl: we're set on clothes (see #2 above). Plus, my precious grammy saved all of our baby dresses. We're not talking tacky early '80s clothes. I'm talking about little hand-embroidered dresses that today you have to pay big money for at baby boutique stores with little ruffled bottoms!

Either way, this baby will be greatly loved and likely spoiled!

Name game update:
Recap of the conversation Andy and I just had:
Me: Everyone who posted on our blog said they like the name Charlie.
Andy: Of course they said that--no one's gonna say they don't like it to your face!
Me: If they didn't like it they just wouldn't post!
Andy: I disagree.

In Andy's defense, my dad was called Charlie (now Chuck) when he was young and he caused plenty of trouble. Dad--if you're reading I'm sure you're agreeing. May I remind you of several stories I've heard: Your visit with the base MPs after joy riding, your memorable prom night with the gash in your head, the dirty dish water in your sister's mouth, etc.

Maybe another convenience about having a girl would be that we don't have to argue about the name anymore!

3 comments:

leslie said...

I can't wait to know what it is! Drink a coke before you go so baby Bowman is moving around enough to tell! (My doctor told me do to this, so it has to be okay!) However, you seen how active Kaitlyn is. Hmmm...

April Carrasco said...

Big Red and Skittles baby. Tells you the sex everytime. I can't wait until Tuesday. Either sex is great, but completely different. Kyler and Kole would be happy with just a new friend in class.

Ashley said...

Either way, Carley and I are excited. She is flipping right now. Carley will love Sarah and Charlie. In my experience, Lauren Ashley, my neice, was the only one to guess the sex of my baby. Maybe there is wisdom with the children.