This morning as we were snuggling in bed...
Charlie: Momma, it's my turn to tell you a story.
Me: OK.
Charlie: It's a story about tee tee and poo poo.
Me: OK.
Charlie: Once upon a time I went poo poo in things. And I went poo poo in my pants. Momma, I don't know the rest. Can you tell it?
Me: Well, Charlie, that's pretty much the whole story. The end.
Nice.
At least he keeps us laughing! We celebrated Charlie's 3rd birthday this weekend. In some ways I'm shocked at how fast these past three years have gone and in others I feel like it's gone slowly (see above narration). I know I incorporate a lot of sarcasm into my posts, especially when it comes to Charlie, but I'll allow myself a little sap here.
A lot of people say they can't remember their life before kids. I can. It was great. Travel, time alone, spontaneity, etc. But, I can also imagine my life without Charlie. I'm glad I don't have that life. I love his precious little face, his growing stinky feet, his shaggy hair, his infectious giggle, his moody personality, his funny observations, his endless snuggles, and a million more things! I can't wait to see what three-year-old Charlie has in store for us. Hopefully it's an end to diapers, but whatever it is I know it will be exciting.
For Charlie's birthday we did a few different things. On Friday, his actual birthday, we hosted the weekly potluck lunch at our house. Eight of us moms with kids in tow get together every Friday for lunch at one of our houses. I made cupcakes so Charlie could do a little blow-out-candles thing with all his friends. I didn't get any pictures, though! Oops. I made Charlie this banner on his art wall.
When we asked Charlie where he wanted to eat for his birthday he said the pizza place, so that night we took him downtown to his favorite place, Christian's Pizza. He and Andy often have pizza dinner dates here and Charlie loves it! Here he is being cool and urban in downtown (in a town of 100k?).
His "cheese" face. I think he looks a lot like Andy here.
When we got to the pizza place it was really crowded. Charlie surveyed the scene and said, "I'll find us a table." Then he walked around looking for an empty table. Huh. He's not potty trained but he can walk into a restaurant and find an empty table on his own. Something seems fishy with that. We ended up sitting at the counter on tall stools. He loved it!
Please ignore my huge face. I'm workin' on it.
9 comments:
Im glad Charlie had a good b-day! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with all of you! This year will be just as amazing as the last 3!
Miss you!
PS - you are beautiful! Quit doggin' on yourself!!
I loved the sap. He's one lucky kid to have you and ANdy for parents!
Thank you for being you. I love your honesty about things. I can't believe Charlie is three. And I might have to steal your pancakes/PJ party....great idea!
Awww. That boy is so sweet and is so stinkin cute in that video! I can totally relate with the potty training thing. Jacob insists on taking showers by himself but can't seem to go on the potty when asked if he needs to pee.
Love charlie's story. Sorry about Claire screaming in the background when we were singing happy birthday. She is kind of a singing nazi!
We can't wait to see 3 year old Charlie in a few weeks:)...we are going to have soooo much fun!!!!!
That photo of Charlie walking off looks like a miniature of how his DADDY walks. Precious photos, stories and of course, Charlie. We are counting the days, but you already know that.
Love Charlie's "poo" story and his "cheese" face. I wish he'd let me kiss his face off. :(
I can't believe that Charlie is 3 years old either. Tell Charlie his present is on the way, it just got delayed.
Post a Comment