I just started watching the events at 11:15 am eastern. Obama's about to come out--after everyone else gets done. His kids are adorable! They have awesome clothes...I'm pretty jealous.
Laura Bush just came out -- I love her. She said "Hey everybody, how are you all?" She really wanted to say "y'all." That would have been great.
Charlie's home sick from preschool and wants me to switch out Blue's Clues for The Little People DVD which features Aaron Neville. Weird. Be right back...
I bet Malia has gotten some awesome pictures. I saw her taking pictures of Usher the other night. I wish I had pictures of Usher.
Michelle looks amazing as always. She's cool.
I like Dr. Jill Biden, too, even if she makes a slip now and then. Apparently she's gotten offers from top DC universities to teach but she plans on teaching at a local community college. Excellent.
I feel bad that Cheney's in a wheelchair today. He hurt his back lifting boxes yesterday. I've done that before and it hurts really bad. Tough way to go out.
Jesse Jackson, Jr. just kissed Michelle.
Malia and Sasha are just sitting and looking bored in their seats. Again, they're precious.
Here comes President Bush. I didn't agree with all of his politics, but I believe he's a good person, and he wasn't afraid to show and speak of his faith. I will always respect that. I hope he and Laura have a good post-presidency life in Texas. I wonder if they'll want to hang out when we move back in a few years. I bet he's great at a party.
Here comes President-elect Obama...he has a lot more gray and wrinkles than he did two years ago.
Biden just accidentally left Jesse Jackson, Jr. hangin'. His bad.
I can't imagine what Obama must be thinking right now...don't trip, don't trip, don't trip. I can't imagine becoming president right now. What a horrible job, even if it does come with a personal chef and in-house bowling alley.
Obama's about to walk out and Charlie wants me to put Gumby in the DVD player. Thank goodness for DVR. Be right back...
Ladies and gentlemen, President-elect of the United States, Barack H. Obama. His hand's going to hurt this evening.
Here's Rick Warren with the invocation...I know it's necessary, but written and read prayers drive me absolutely nuts in every situation. That's rude to complain about a prayer. Forgive me. There was a man in my church growing up who said really long prayers. Deja vu. Hey...he just said Jesus in a bunch of languages and is leading The Lord's Prayer. Ohhh...some people are gonna be mad. I'm not. I really liked it. It appeased both my religious and sociological sides. Amen.
Here comes Aretha Franklin with "My Country, 'Tis of Thee." Not my favorite rendition, but much RESPECT anyway 'cause she's Aretha.
Biden's about to be sworn in. Got that done. Weird hand-on-jawbone cheek kisses for his grown sons, clapping, etc.
Yo-Yo Ma...excellent. I love the cello. Wish I played it. I don't know if a cello even exists in my hometown.
Sasha wants to stand on her chair so she can see better but Michelle squashed it. Poor Sasha. Now she's goofing around with the folks behind her. She's my kind of kid. They're having a major quartet jam session up there. There's an African American man on the clarinet. Huh. Wait...white guy in wheelchair on violin, Asian women on piano...that's blatant and funny.
Everyone please stand for the swearing-in...a little joke and smiles with Michelle...Lincoln Bible...the oath, he's nervous, keeps messing up. I like it. Got it done. Kisses for Michelle and the girls. Parties, parties, everywhere.
Now the speech. Thanks to President Bush (he looks cold and miserable). Talk of problems and hope...cheers and tears from the people.
Well, I guess that's all I'll blog. I have to say that I'm excited. Whatever one's political preferences, it's an exciting time in our country. God bless America.

7 comments:
Good observations, I like the play by play.
Awesome blog. Picked up all the details that really matter. Especially about what Charlie is watching on DVR.
Love the comments! Thanks for the recap. And Elise loves the little people dvds, it drive Jonathan crazy. He actually hid them from her so he would have to hear the theme song.
That was great, Amy :) So my hubby informs me that it actually wasn't Obama who messed up the oath....is was Chief Justice Roberts. He messed up the order of the stanza and it threw Obama off. Evidently they looked it up at his office and placed the blame appropriately :) So you decided to stay in VA and not come to DC with the herd? Hehe :) We stayed in Annapolis and caught the events on TV, too :) I was at the inauguration of George H.W. Bush.....cool to be there (even though this one would have taken the cake).....but I wanted to stay warm and trample-free! Hope you're doing well!
Great recap! We also own the Little People DVD and all I can think is big mole the whole time :)!! I miss you at LCU and I miss someone who can talk Obama with me :)!!
I was subbing at middle school, so we tried to get the best feed from the computer onto power point, but the principal kept coming onto the intercom telling us to try this web site and that one. Finally got on one that we could see and hear, but the kids in the class totally disappointed me. Not all of them, but the majority didn't even want to see it and then other were saying racial slurs. I have never in all my 24 years in education to tell students to "Shut their mouths," but I did. I told the teacher I was subbing for what happened, and she was very upset with her students. No telling what happened today, but wish I could have heard. I had told the kids before we watched it what an historic occasion that some day they will be sharing with their own children. Then I told them where I was when President JFK was shot and killed, then Martin Luther King Jr. So sad some of those kids in that class were so disrespectful.Yet watching the
clips from around the world of children of
many nations feeling hope now for our future and their's :(
Loved the play by play. You really are the funniest person I know!
Post a Comment