Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Funny face pancake. He ate the ears (sausage) first and he never eats sausage, so I was pretty impressed by the power of the funny face.



















Charlie in time-out at Ash-lawn Highland, home of President James Monroe. This is down the street from Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson. Both are about 15-20 minutes from our house. We're going to see at how many presidential homes we'll have to place Charlie in time-out.



















Andy's folks spent a week with us and just left yesterday. We had a great time! I think we wore them out but there were so many cool things to show them. We ate at a place near Monticello called Michie Tavern. It was built in 1784. That's old. I'm sure the entire place is haunted. In fact, I'm sure the entire state of Virginia is haunted. Anyway, the Tavern was really cool and they had the best fried chicken I've ever had. All the employees dressed in period clothes and we ate from stainless steel dinnerware. Locals get a free tour so I'm sure we'll be going back soon.














We drove out to a peach orchard to pick peaches. Charlie really wanted to play with this dog but I think it was naptime!



























What? Don't act like you wouldn't hop on this purple dinosaur if given the chance.

















Charlie on The Lawn at UVA.

























Charlie looking like he got kicked out of med school.


























University of Virginia Medical School, built in 1825. Andy's office is just inside those doors. It's probably haunted, too.























Charlie acting silly during a break at the pool.

6 comments:

April L. said...

Love all the pics. I can't wait to visit! You'll be so tired of playing tour guide.

The von Minden Family said...

Glad you had a good visit with Andy's parents...How is Charlie doing with his swim lessons?

Shanta said...

Those are the funniest pictures. I can't wait to compare that pic of him on the UVA lawn to his graduation picture on that lawn someday... I love the orchard walk with pops. sooooo sweet.

Ashley said...

Can't wait to come visit! (someday)

Hilarious pictures from my hilarious friend. Miss you

Grammy Forest said...

Looks like Sara and Larry had a great time. Charlie is a real ham. We sure miss seeing our precious, but hopefully we'll be able to make a trip your way in the near future.We have been busy with VBS this week. WHEW! We have quite a crew of 2-4 years old children. Looks like you are enjoying exploring your new part of your world. Will keep Andy's sick babes in my prayers. Been there and done that as a mother and it's the hardest thing to go through.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I love all the pictures and the updates!!