

Last night Andy and I headed downtown for dinner and looking at art. Over dinner we talked about these photos. I was very excited about them but Andy was upset about his smile. He said, "What in the world is wrong with my smile?! It's so stupid in every photo! Why do I have a stupid round pie-hole smile in every photo?!". I laughed so hard that I nearly inhaled some Caesar salad straight into my lungs. That would be embarrassing to develop severe pneumonia from inhaling Caesar salad.
Have you heard of freecycle.org? It's a network of local groups (ours is a Yahoo group) where you can post or ask for free things. Sometimes people post furniture that they're getting rid of, sometimes they have three empty paper towel rolls to get rid of. It's a way to gift items and keep things out of the landfill. Anyway, freecycle and craigslist have kept me busy over the last few days. Although you have to be careful with both, we found renters for our house, found a house to rent in VA, sold Andy's truck, and sold our washer/dryer all on craigslist. Today I left two ficus trees on my front porch for someone who posted on freecycle that they were looking for some. They were picked up a little while ago. Someone will be by later to but Charlie's baby cradle that we used for two weeks and would likely never use again. I'm also going to be giving some other baby things to a family who needs them. Andy and I borrowed and were given so much of our stuff for Charlie that it's nice to get to pass that on to others. If you've got extra stuff sitting around this is a great way to unclutter and help others in the process!
Yesterday Charlie was playing with megablocks and he stacked a few smaller pieces onto a longer piece. Then he showed me and said, "Look, Mama. It's a shark fin." Ummm...ok, Charlie. You won't call yourself by your real name (he still calls himself "Baby") but you'll build a shark fin out of blocks and then tell me about it. This kid is cazy. I love him!


7 comments:
Tell Andy that I think he has a nice smile. There's nothing wrong with it at all.
Andy has a cute smile. He just wouldn't be the same Andy with a different one!
H-m-m-m-m-m-m -- you're giving away the cradle? That you likely won't use again? That's the BEST way to ensure you WILL need it again! Oh, goody, goody! Do you still have your list of names?
Andy's smile is what makes Andy -- and you and Charlie make him smile. I like it!
Very nice pictures...such a sweet little family!
Never fear, Mom Bow. I just meant that we didn't use it with Charlie so I wouldn't use it with the next kid. I hope we're blessed with another kid someday!
Good Morning, Bowman Family! I bet the famous Dr. Andy smile has lit up some very special children in his care, not to mention their concerned parents. God gave him the perfect smile. He knew that smile would bring out the smiles in others. He's a charmer, our Andy is, so tell him to keep smiling. Kids are truly a mystery in what they do and say. Wish I had written down all the cute things my five did and said. It would have been a best seller for sure.
aww, cute pictures!
Thanks for the info on freecycle...I have never heard of it, but love looking at craigslist and that sort of thing.
Post a Comment