Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Melo!!!

Today my little sis Melody turns 24! I can't even believe it. I still see her as being in the 5th grade. She's come a long way since then though. Here's some random info about Mel that you may not know.
(1) She was voted "Most Musically Talented" by her senior class. Apparently she can sing the mess out of the Star Spangled Banner.
(2) She played varsity sports all through high school and she was also a cheerleader.
(3) She was a nanny in Virginia after she graduated from ACU.
(4) Melody's some sort of baby charmer. She can charm any kid, anywhere, anytime. It's amazing. They all love her.
(5) Mel grew up feeling like the ugly duckling of the sisters, now she's smokin' hot and puts us all to shame! We're all pretty jealous!

We're happy and blessed to have Melo living nearby. She's an awesome person and a great little sister! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELO!!

P.S. If you have a hot brother, friend, cousin, etc. she's available and would be an awesome catch!

Baby Charlie Update 2006
Wow--it's 2006, which is crazy since Charlie's due Feb. 15, 2006. That's kind of scary. We're at 6 more Wednesdays and counting. On Wednesday of this week I got to spend some time hanging out with my good friend Connie. She has an in-home daycare and I helped her hold the babies. One of them spit up all over me. Gosh! Luckily Charlie will never do that to me. Anyway, Connie mentioned that a new Taco Bueno opened by their house so, as I feel compelled to do with new Buenos, I stopped by for a bite to eat to welcome it to the neighborhood. It may have been the volume that I ate or the fact that I hadn't had fast food in several weeks, but at about 7:00 that night I was miserable. I hadn't felt that bad since the first trimester. So I slept through the Rose Bowl (ugh!) and into the next day. I was on the couch most of the day on Thursday and had the privilege of learning exactly what Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like--all day long!
Anyway, we met with a super nice anesthesiologist and she confirmed that I'd be perfectly fine to have an epidural at any point and I wouldn't need to be induced. I've still got mixed feelings because the whole going into labor and rushing to the hospital thing freaks me out, but we're only 10 minutes from the hospital--I think I can suck it up and deal with it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are all beautifal.someone else has a birthday next month.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mimi...That really means a lot. I love you so much and so thankful that we live so close.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Melody! Melody had a head full of dark hair that stood straight up and the biggest eyes. Beautiful, just beautiful! Yes, it won't be long now. Oh by the way, one of the ladies in the cafeteria had the surprise of her life, not to mention her daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Her grandson was wearing a shirt, "Logan's Big Brother", at the hospital on the 27th. Surprise! It's a girl! So Zoe Ann came into this world that day to the shock of everyone.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Melody!

We all love you!

Only sisters post blogs like this. I love being a sister.

leslie said...

Happy Birthday Melody! I actually do have a hot, single brother! His name is Neil - I would be happy to email you a picture. He lives in Midland right now, but he is moving to Lubbock in a few months to go to the Fire Academy. He's a good one!!

Amy- no more Bueno, okay?