Monday, January 16, 2006

Charlie's cousin was born this morning!!

Landon Dale von Minden was born to my sister Misti and her husband Brad at 3:30 this morning!! I'm SO excited, not only for the arrival of my first nephew on the Forest side, but also because it is an excellent birth story! Here's the rundown as I understand it:

Sunday 1/15--Church, grocery shopping, cleaning house, feeling awesome.
11:00 pm Sunday--Misti starts having contractions
2:00 am Monday--Call grandparents to come watch Jordyn, Landon's 4-year-old sister. Grandparents are 20 minutes away but Landon's not waiting and this bus has got to go! Load up and drive 90 mph to the hospital in Austin.
3:00 am--Arrive at hospital, Misti's screaming, Jordyn's shaking, and the front seat is soaked!
3:15 am--Brad & Jordyn meet grandparents in the parking lot, Brad heads back to the room to hear the nurse say, "There's the head with lots of hair!"
3:30 am--Happy Birthday Landon! Welcome to the world! 6 lbs., 15 oz., 19 inches
4:00 am--Phone rings in Lubbock and my dad gives me the news!! Oh my goodness!!

So, Misti who was in labor with Jordyn for 30 hours, had Landon with hardly any warning and no drugs except ibuprofen (because there was no time!). They're both doing awesome and she sounds like she's ready to run a marathon! I'll post pictures when I get them. It makes me so sad that I can't go see them! Charlie was up for hours after that phone call. I think he was trying to escape to meet his cousin. I told him that he's not done cookin' yet though so he can just sit tight! Although, I have a bad feeling that Landon and Charlie are probably the same size right now. Uh oh.

In other news, Charlie had his Lubbock shower yesterday and it was so great! A lot of friends showed up and he got lots of great stuff. I'm always amazed at peoples' generosity. We are so blessed to have so many great friends here!

8 comments:

leslie said...

Wow! What a story! I hope yours is much calmer and includes pain medication!
I'm SO sorry that I couldn't come to your shower! I'm glad it went well.
We are planning to come to Lubbock to meet Charlie when he decides to come!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Landon!!!! (What an awesome name!)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

How exciting!! Congrats to your sister. I can't wait to see pics. I wish I could've made the shower...I want to hear all about it next time I see ya.

Jennifer K said...

Congrats to your sister! Please post pictures. It was good seeing you yesterday. I can't believe that Charlie will be here soon!!

April Carrasco said...

Wow! That sounds like a good delivery despite not having meds. Hope yours goes just as smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I told Misti yesterday that her labor would probably be shorter since it was her second pregnancy but I didn't think he would be that impatient! Brad was probably in a panic thinking he was going to be the one to deliver Landon. He has already baptized Misti and Karen. Way to go Landon!

Holly O'Quinn said...

Amy,
That is great news about your new nephew and Charlie's cousin. What an emotional rollercoaster!

Anonymous said...

Landon is precious. He looks like Jordyn, he is very mild mannered, likes his bottle, sleep and to be a fountain when not covered. Jordyn is so cute with him. Misti looks great and hurts little and poor Bradley never thought Misti could scream that loud. We are just so grateful he is healthy and that Bradley didn't have to deliver Landon along the side of the road with Jordyn as his nurse. Now Amy, please don't so what your big sister did. I'M TIRED!!!!