Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Andy's favorite age of patient is 4 years old. Given that I have a niece, nephew, and several little friends who are 4, I have to say that 4 is pretty cool! Tonight I went and saw Andy at work and he introduced me to his favorite patient. He's a 4-year-old little boy with kidney problems (will probably need a transplant), so he's really bloated and puffy. He's so cute! Andy said "Whatcha doin'?" and he said, "Just sittin' here." He was so cute I just wanted to sit & talk to him but I couldn't because his mom was on the phone. The coolest thing about 4-year-olds is that they're old enough to carry on conversations but they don't always realize that they are younger than everyone else so they just talk like they're so grown up. It really cracks me up! Tonight as I was leaving church our little friend Savannah (also 4) asked me, "Hey Amy, is your baby out of your tummy yet?" I responded with, "No, he's still in there." "Ok," she said. And that was good enough for her.

No comments: