Sunday, September 25, 2005

We just watched the season premiere of The West Wing. I love it--it's the smartest show on tv and takes some concentration and dedication to keep up with but it's worth it. I've heard some people call it "liberal propaganda"--I know--I hate it when television challenges our prejudices about poverty, race, religion, etc. We shouldn't expose ourselves to that smut. ...Anyway, if you haven't seen the movie Crash you should go out and rent it. In fact, just go buy it and watch it often. Don't watch it to be entertained. Expect to be challenged, frustrated, disgusted, and enlightened regarding the issue of race and prejudice in our society. Be prepared for R-rated realism--racial slurs, bad language, real honesty. It's about the most honest piece of "entertainment" I've seen come out of Hollywood. Ok, that's my soapbox--I'll step off now.

I bought a crib bumper off of ebay today. I had to forewarn Andy that I'm going to get really excited about things that might not seem so exciting to him--like crib bumbers and lightswitch covers. So, it looks like whether we're having Charlie or Sarah Grace the room will be vintage cowboy or cowgirl. We're pretty excited and eagerly await the ultrasound on Tuesday to find out who this little peanut is!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please tell me that you won't vote for Hillary Clinton in the next presidential election. I just don't think I could handle that! Oh, I better be the FIRST person you call tomorrow when you find out...I'll be at home waiting!

Amy said...

In response to April's comment--who's Hillary Clinton?

Anonymous said...

Let's vote for Condi! i love the cowtown idea for the decor'! Very cute Amy. This kid is going to be so hip to the hop. Did you hear about mini mock on the way? Craziness- all you fertile people! Good luck on the decorating!
SM and Ken

Amy said...

Response to Shanty--I did hear about mini mock! Some people (Ash) will hear about it for the first time on this post and be mad that I didn't tell them earlier. Andy told me to keep it on the DL but you brought it up! Hmmm...mini murray--now that sounds good! Lots of little dark headed Murrays runnin' around--talk about a diverse group of grandparents--I love it!

Anonymous said...

Why can't you talk about ME in your blog? I'm important! I know you are having a baby and all but I used to be your baby! I mean, you still treat me like one at times so WHY dont you write about how wonderful I am??! :)
HA!
Anywho....good times. I would post and ruin the surprise of what you are having before you are able to post....but I wouldn't do that. Ok...maybe I would. But not today. Maybe next time. Oh...its a......................PUPPY (as Jordyn would say!)