Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I introduced Andy to our blog last night and he likes the idea but is resistant to posting on the site himself. He thinks it might be "girlie", as his main non-work, non-banking Internet activity consists of fantasy football and online poker. I warned him what the repercussions would be if he didn't post so please don't think that I'm somehow trying to slander my husband with these funny stories about him. As I mentioned in the very first post, I'm just trying to encourage him to take some ownership in this blog. That being said, the following is "funny Andy story" #2:

Between Andy's second and third year in med school he took a year off to just work on his MBA. That left him with a fairly leisurely schedule, which we both loved especially since we were just newlywed that May. We learned a lot about each other during that time and about all the nuances of daily living that you see when you live with someone. One thing that I learned about was Andy's TV viewing preferences. I have to say that I am so blessed to have a husband that doesn't ignore me for ESPN, SportsCenter, etc. , as I hear other husbands do; although, Andy does sometimes ignore me for CSPAN and keeps resetting the timer on the DVR to record The News Hour with Jim Lehrer on PBS. As many of you know though, these are the types of things that make Andy so endearing. What you may not know though is about Andy's very strong affection for a popular old show we all know and love called Little House on the Prairie. Everyday from 10:00-11:00 am Andy and I would snuggle on the couch and get teary-eyed over the emotional life lessons administered by Charles, Laura, and the gang. We still catch it from time to time and the "Prairie House", as we've grown to call it, still gives us butterflies. So, if you ever want to make friends with Andy here's a hint--casually mention that you like watching the show and that you hope you're a good parent like Charles Ingalls. You'll have a friend for life!

Now why is blogging "girlie", Andy?

Baby Bowman Update 2005
Nothing to update except that if I'm ever a senator I'm going to recommend a bill to make it mandatory that if one designs and produces any sort of maternity pants one must offer them in short, regular, and long lengths. This world discriminates against short people!

P.S. Is it weird to anyone else that "blog" is not recognized by Blogger's spellchecker?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stupid sister! You made me laugh out loud...which isn't cool because my kids are taking a standardized test right now.

Seriously, just by capri maternity pants. They'll be just right!

You're totally right about the spell checker. That's the part that made me laugh out loud!

Sorry I couldn't talk to you about your blog last night. Gilmore Girls was getting good.

Anonymous said...

The word verification code that I have to type in (at the bottom of this page) is "fartu". I laughed out loud again. He! He! Melody or Bradley would have appreciated that one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I don't know you, but found you through the Carrasco Clan's blog... anyway, you tell Andy that blogging is primarily a very manly thing to do online. In fact, it was started by the man's men of the internet back in the day. All you have to do is look at "random" blogs for more than 5 minutes and see that us guys are out there in droves! People like Chad, of www.chadwashere.com... he ain't no girlie man! :) Anyway... great to see a friend of a friend! Hope you have a wonderful day!